Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Nothing Like Some Good Old Competition

One of Last Years Pieces
Image Courtesy Of: Alexa Wilcox 


Yep! That's right! Competition season is just around the corner, and believe me when I say I am not the least bit excited.

Well that is probably because competitions consist of being smushed in a crowded car driving to some random high school and dealing with crazy loud mothers. Also I end up having to miss a lot of school which puts me behind on all of my assignments. This year I think we are doing three or four competitions so I just got to toughen it up and get through it.

There is really only one competition I am looking forward for, and that is YAGP or Youth America Grand Prix. YAGP is the largest ballet competition in the national and amazing dancers from across the globe are competing in it. I am competing at one of their regional competitions, the winners at all of the regional competitions then go to the Finals in New York City. I doubt I would ever get to the finals, but it is still an amazing experience.

It's not even the performing I am excited about but that I get to see such amazing and dedicated dancers. To be honest I am actually really scared, it is very nerve racking to be compared to some of the best dancers in the country. Also I have had a hurt back and hip and am behind in my rehearsals so am extremely scared that I will not remember my dance or be feeling better.

Honestly I feel that I am ready and this happens to most people because performing is just a very nerve racking thing. The most rewarding feeling is when you come off stage and know you have improved and accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment