Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Inspiration

Misty Copeland ABT Principal
Image Courtesy Of: NY Daily News


Work. That's what you have taught me, you have shown me that if you set your mind to something there is always a way to achieve it. I have danced all my life but never really believed anything would come out of it, until now.

I first came across a video of you dancing a few years ago and was blown away but never thought much of it, but this past summer that changed. When I  heard the news that you had become American Ballet Theatre's principal dancer, I thought to myself "Wow! That is true determination". I think the most amazing thing about you is with all the odds stacked against you, you still found a way to succeed. Such as how people would say "Oh, she doesn't have the right body type to be a ballerina"  or "She can't be a ballerina she's black" but you didn't listen, stood up, and proved them wrong.

Everyday when I feel like I can't do something or don't have the right abilities to do something. I think that will get me no where and keep on pushing.  

This blog is about my experiences and hopes and dreams for my future. I also just enjoy sharing what I love with the world. I may not have the best technique or flexibility but what I do have is drive and passion, and you've taught me that is what is important and really matters. I hope that you keep reading my blog to see just how much we have in common and the love we share for dance.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you talked about if you set your mind to something, you can achieve it. I try to put that saying in my life every day and working hard for what I was is literally my life motto.

    ReplyDelete