Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Night of Shining Stars

Night of Shining Stars Promotional Flyer
Image Courtesy of: Ballet West

I attended the Night of Shining Stars gala on Saturday February, 27th. I went to the gala because it was an extension of Youth American Grand Prix which was the competition I was competing in that weekend. Actually some of the performers in the gala competed in YAGP earlier that day. 

The performance was incredible! They brought out professional dancers from around the world. The dancers were from New York City Ballet, San Fransisco Ballet, Dancing with the Stars, MOMIX, Ballet West, Joffrey Ballet, and Ballet Red. 

One of my favorite performances of the night was one performed by Nicole Loizides and Todd Burnsed from MOMIX, it was called Millennium Skiva. The entire piece was performed on skies, and they were wearing these sliver body suits and silver skies that were reflecting all the light. In the piece they were shifting their weight back and forth. They were also jumping up on the tips of the skies. I had never seen anything like it.

One of my other favorite performances was performed by this thirteen year old. She was incredible! I was shocked that she was almost better then some of the soloists from the professional companies. Which was even more of a shock was the next day I found out that she had sick the whole weekend and during the performance was running a 102 fever. I thought it was amazing how well she performed, you never would have known she was sick.

My absolute favorite things about the gala were being able to see some of the most talented young dancers in the country and winners of previous Youth American Grand Prix competition. I also loved being able to see some of the best professional dancers in the world perform right next to each other. I have never seen so much talent in one show.

No comments:

Post a Comment