Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Family Number 2

                   Contemporary Group                                 Halloween
           Image Courtesy of: Instructor           Image Courtesy of: Instructor


One of my favorite things about dance is the people I am spending so many hours with. A lot of the girls that I dance with today I have been dancing with since I was in elementary school. These girls have become my second family.

When you have known someone for many so years and spend a lot of hours a day with them you grow very close. You also become very comfortable with each other.

One of my favorite things about being so close to the girls I dance with is they really help me become a better dancer. We really push each other, but not in a really mean or aggressive way because we all want to see each other be successful. Also since we are so close we are really open to receiving constructive criticism because again it will only make us better.

As much as I love dancing with these girls I also love spending time out of dance with them. It is weird because some people can be so different depending on the environment they are in. For example I know everyone so well I dance with, but when we are together outside of dance it is almost like your with a different person. Now we are trying to spend more time together out of dance to get to know each other better and become a stronger team.

I think it is really important to know your teammates well because it can help your team as whole be a lot more successful.

You know I am talking about how great these girls are but just remember they are like my second family so we do get into arguments. The arguments are just like arguing with a sibling because you know that you will eventually work it out. Also we are usually arguing about something stupid like which foot we start with in a combination.

A lot of the girls I dance with are a year older then me and in tenth grade and I always think about how sad it will be to see them go. But for now I am trying to enjoy every fun moment with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment